A Grandeur and a Dreaming
From The Libertarian Labyrinth
| Resources Relating to|
A Grandeur & A Dreaming.
- HUMAN Life seems but a seeming,
- A phantasm & a dreaming,
- Of a grandeur & a gleaming
- That no one life may possess.
- 'Tis a downward, dark ward groping,
- Upward soaring, high and hoping
- Search for pathways, easy-sloping,
- That no human feet yet press.
- Yet it may be that the glory,
- Dreamed of now since ages hoary,
- Kindling still in song and story,
- Each man somewhat, all men know.
- All the downward, dark ward groping,
- All the sky-ward, sunward hoping,
- Finds at last the roadway sloping,
- Where all feet together go.
J Wm. Lloyd.
- J. William Lloyd, “A Grandeur and a Dreaming,” The Whim 2, no. 2 (September 1901): 110.