From The Libertarian Labyrinth
- In mental freedom I revel at will.
- No voice my expression of thought can still.
- Political freedom inheritance gives;
- O'er actions, like thoughts, no master lives.
- Industrial freedom — alas! I crave
- The right to toil with the mien of a slave.
- A right I have to command my thought,
- A right that conflict and blood have bought.
- The right to command my thought in deed
- Our fathers' blood made liberty's creed.
- The right to command the menus of life
- Is the standard of progress, —welcome the strife!
D. D. L.