- Declaration - Bayard Boyesen - 1
- Our Seventh Birthday - Emma Goldman - 2
- Observations and Comments - 5
- The Commune is Risen - Voltairine de Cleyre - lO
- Manifesto of the Mexican Revolution - 15
- The Power of the Ideal - Emma Goldman - 24
- The Nude and the Prudes - Jay Fox - 28
- Riddance - A. G. Wagner - 30
- Another Fight for Free Speech - 31
By Bayard Boyesen.
I will arise and answer
And swear to any sin, Save that of the market dancer
That wears the painted grin.
And I will hold my measure
Beside the greatest man, Though I trill the rounds of pleasure
With every harridan.
Though the flesh be weak or tainted,
The soul is still aglow, For never the lie that's painted
Outshone the truths I know.
So when the years are breaking The boundaries of my den
And a tyrant hope's forsaking The candied darks of men,
I will arise and answer And thank what gods there be, Who paid the market dancer But left the truth to me.